Welcome back to the Dungeon Master’s Roundtable!
This episode was recorded on August 30th, 2011
Thadeous C (@ThadeousC)
Randall W (@Deadorcs)
Sam D (@DMSamuel)
Mike S (@SlyFlourish)
Topics and Mentions:
- The sound of crackling fire on the DMRT
- Mike’s got “topics”
- Hollow Earth Expedition (Exile Games Studios)
- Hollow World – the basic D&D setting (Mystara Inner World)
- Sam and Mike tell stories without details
- Dynamite Hack
- How to strike a balance between the mathematical hardcore side of D&D and the fluffy side (storytelling and ad lib decision making).
- A bus drives by the Cooper house
- Mike Mearls’ Legend & Lore Article Series
- A bus… again.
- Do standardized rules for public play lead to tied hands and bad stories?
- Why are people still asking “Where is the role-playing in 4e?“
- Mike’s dog howls… but no snoring.
- Mordenkainen’s Magnificent Emporium
- Magic items and treasure -Different strategies for giving out loot
- Should you give your players the items their PCs want?
- Madness at Gardmore Abby
- Girl from Ipanema
- Item cards and coinage in your campaign
- We all say goodbye, wearing smoking jackets while sitting by the fire